Connect. Collaborate. Create community change.
The Social Innovation Labs started in 2012 in partnership with the Bush Foundation. In the past three years, more than 2,000 community change makers have participated in 11 lab events. Each lab has had a different theme, but all of them focused on the following overall goal and strategies:
All Minnesotans thrive in a socially just, ecologically sound, and economically sustainable ecosystem of social innovation.
More about our vision: The fruits of the ecosystem and the cultural soil that makes it possible:
Strategies to move toward this vision:
1. Learn new tools and ways of seeing things
2. Advance innovative projects
3. Connect with other change makers
Simple rules for the Lab:
1. Bring an open heart, mind, and will
2. Listen to the part, whole, and greater whole
3. Attend to difference, privilege and disparity
4. Tango with different perspectives to seek unexpected sparks
5. Invite a balance of creativity and structure
6. Honor commitments