Connect. Collaborate. Create community change.
The Food Lab supports the development of a sustainable food system in North Minneapolis. Participants explore the relationship between a sustainable food system and the emergence of a more sustainable and inclusive community. We hear about existing and emerging initiatives across North Minneapolis that are growing food, getting healthy food into corner stores, launching new grocery stores or coops, developing processing capacity within North Minneapolis as an engine of food system re-design, engaging young people in the urban agriculture movement, and much more.
Previous Food Lab Events:
Videos from the event:
- Ken Meter: Best Practices nationally in organizing local food systems
- Collie Graddick: Current local efforts to organize our food system
Working group reports:
- Acquiring and developing land for urban agriculture
- Expanding gardening in North Minneapolis
- Access to healthy food in North Minneapolis
- Economic development / Plymouth Ave. as a green corridor in North Minneapolis
- Processing and distributing food in North Minneapolis
Contact Sam Grant at samgrant3 ‘at’ gmail ‘dot’ com to find out about upcoming Food Lab events and opportunities.